After a disaster, rats, mice, and other animals might get in your house.
They can spread disease, so you need to keep them out of your house.
Here are some things you can do:
- Seal holes in buildings to keep animals out.
- Throw out any food that animals may have touched.
- Throw out food or water that animals can eat or drink.
- Throw out or get rid of things that animals can hide in or hide under.
- Throw out trash as soon as you can. Put trash in a covered trash can or dumpster.
- Wash things you use for eating and cooking after you are done with them.